02 December 2009

SYTYCD: Performances

Cat is wearing a simple black dress - simple for her, meaning there is some huge black feather duster on the top.

1. Noelle and Ryan

A) Hip hop by Tabitha & Napoleon. Maybe it's because there was no build-up to it, no rehearsals shown, and they just started it abruptly, but it seemed weird to me. It was good, but I guess I apparently want some of that dumb rehearsal footage after all.

B) Smooth Waltz. Pretty good, kind of dull. I'm hard to please tonight.

2. Ashleigh and Legacy

A) Contemporary, but with a crazy hard edge to it. You know what it is? Without the rehearsal footage and discussion with choreographers, I don't know what the point of some of this is. So it was hard to figure out the style and what was going on. It was cool though and looked really hard - an athletic collection of crazy moves.

B) Hip hop by Dave Scott. It was a weird kind of Dracula routine, but it was a'ight. I have a hard time admitting I like Ashleigh, but I liked her. The judges hammered them for it - but it was mostly the choreographer's damn fault.

3. Kathryn and Nathan

A) Broadway. It was fine. I officially like her, but he still bothers me.

B) Rumba. I found it dull - she's good, but Nathan's so dour and blah. The judges didn't love it, and of course the audience of 10 year old girls booed.

4. Ellenore and Jakob. That's a powerhouse couple right there.

A) Quickstep. It was pretty damn amazing, probably the best Quickstep I've seen - it's always the kiss of death on this show. But they're such good dancers that I liked it.

B) Contemporary by Sonya. Now that's a match made in heaven - Ellenore and Sonya both have quirky styles. Hell, with Jakob's awesomeness, it's a Threesome Made in heaven. I love Sonya. Where does she always get this great music from? It was perfect and cool and amazing. Goosebumps!! The judges were out of their minds for it too.

5. Mollee and Russell. Ew. Don't want her with him.

A) Lyrical Jazz by Mandy Moore. It was great, and had a couple cool tricky components. And she seemed to be dancing "older" to me. It's actually not a bad pairing, I'll admit it.

B) Jive. It was fast-paced and well done. Yeah, this pairing is fun and good.

Everyone got to do a featured solo tonight too, which is only notable for one reason -- Russell crumping! And also Ryan performed to "Rock You Like a Hurricane" - yes, it's official - he's a freaking male stripper.

No comments: