08 September 2006

I Heart Tim Gunn

I’ve started listening to Tim Gunn’s podcasts. I had heard about them last season but for some stupid reason never checked them out. This morning while getting ready for work I listened to the one for this week. They’re great! I love Tim Gunn because he seems like the kind of professor I’d want to have in school. Plus he can be gossipy. His podcast for this week included a little lecture on what couture is. And then he gave behind the scenes dish. Here’s the funny story for this week:

Vincent is either a strict vegetarian or a strict vegan (Tim couldn’t remember which). So when they went to France they called a restaurant ahead of time to let them know about his special dietary needs, and the restaurant made something for him. But when they got there Vincent said he didn’t want it; he wanted to order off the menu. Tim said, “What are you going to be able to order?” To which Vincent replied, “Lamb.” Tim was shocked because Vincent had said that his diet was like a religion to him. Vincent’s response was, “When in Rome.”

Which is my #2 favorite quote of all time!!!! (Second only to “It is what it is.”)

Also, Tim said that at the fabric store he was looking through the fabrics and picked one up and said to the producer, “Ick – who would pick this horrid fabric?” And it was the one Vincent had chosen.

No comments: