03 September 2006

Peaches & Herb




Reunited and it feels - no, felt - so good. Houman came to visit Friday. Which means we spent the day doing real tourist stuff - eating, sitting on the couch, and talking crap about celebrities, TV, and random people all while watching the Emmys Fashion Police, then falling asleep by 11. Just like the good old days!

Then Saturday, aka the day that changed my life, arrived. It started innocently enough. We went to Miami – South Beach and the Lincoln Road area. I like those places best during the day when they are quieter and emptier. We ate at a great Cuban restaurant – excellent Cafe Con Leche. Like fresh-faced children, we passed the time in the car playing Tit For Tat with subjects like Brad Pitt Movies, Christian Bale Movies, Cities in Maryland, Cities in Europe, Rappers, and Brands of Laundry Detergent.

The bad part of the day began in the evening – when the excessive and unfortunate combination of Chinese food, vodka, Red Bull, chocolate, and cigars resulted in me vomiting all over our patio. And into a bucket. And off (and down) the side of my bed. Anyway, any of those items can be bad enough alone. But together and in gluttonous quantities they can be lethal. I at least had the presence of mind to 1) lay on my side so as not to choke on my own vomit and 2) crack jokes about it the whole time. This morning my bathroom looked like the bathroom from either Trainspotting or Saw – take your pick.



It was the most miserable night of my life. Gluttony isn’t one of the Seven Deadly Sins for nothing. I haven’t thrown up from alcohol in 10 years. I’m 30 so I’ve decided now is the time to stop. More on that later. I still need more sleep.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my poor poor little sister. McDonald's breakfast cures all. What finally made you feel better? How long were you sickie? :(