02 April 2007

24: Somehow More Retarded Than Last Week, Even Without an Actual Retarded Guy on the Show

Allow me to go off on this for a moment: Why, in 24-universe, does every single President have a Vice President whose values and policies not only conflict with their own, but are actually diametrically opposed to them??!! Presidents still choose the Vice President in this alternate universe, right? But somehow the Presidents always end up with these disloyal assholes. It makes for "good" drama. In quotes because, as I predicted, we get more boring-ass scenes where the President and the VP present their arguments as to why Wayne should/should not be in power and the Cabinet votes. And one more thing on this topic: shouldn't they have had this discussion/vote when Wayne was IN A COMA????!!!! Like maybe then would have been a good time to question whether or not he could fulfill his duties, as opposed to now - when he's at least conscious???!!!! UGH!

And those scenes end up being a waste of time because Tom (awesomely) records the VP's plotting and gets him to drop his suit against Wayne (by "calling the Supreme Court"). And then the last few episodes end up being a bigger waste of time because it turns out Wayne wanted to launch the nuke all along. I was yelling at my TV, "WHAT?" And not in a good way. WTF was up with this? And right after Tom and Karen became besties!!

Gredenko had Fayed cut off his arm to get rid of the tracking device. Mike called this, and I laughed and said, "Yeah right". Congratulations, 24 - you just got 40% more ridiculous than Prison Break. I laughed out loud. I did like how Gredenko (awesomely) turned Fayed in to a bunch of drunks at a bar, who proceed to beat him up until Jack can get to him.

Cheese and crackers, this show is a load of S. And I continue to shovel it.

3 comments:

Karen said...

From the woods in Edinboro:

You, Jennifer, are way too critical. I think they could write the most awesome plotline at this point and you would hate it. It's like watching a movie KNOWING ahead of time that you'll hate it. Could that movie really do anything to make you like it--no. Your mind is already made up.
1. We liked the Wayne twist at the end. AT LEAST IT WAS A TWIST!
2. JP called the arm severing, and even if Chase did it before, who doesn't like seeing an unattached arm laying there?
3. So now that the two baddies are out of the picture, where do they go? Track down those dudes in the truck? Jack's dad comes back?
4. Bill and Karen forever

Cheer up! You need to try to visualize a "good" 24 episode and make it happen. Didn't you read about the Secret?! :-)

I still love you even though you hate the show.

Juju said...

And you are way too apologetic with this show. Look, I've had experience with shows betraying my affection (LOST!). It happens. It's just time to accept it. I'm certainly not alone in my bitterness over this show.

And I DARE them to come up with an awesome plotline at this point. There are like 6 hours left. Anything would be too little too late.

Anonymous said...

This show sucks....it’s become a parody of itself. I can’t understand how it became so bad so quickly. I guess Kiefer is beginning to take his own “gravitas” a little too seriously.

It’s ridiculous that every friggin’ season they either try to kill the president or remove him from power. I have no problem with suspending disbelief and enjoying an entertaining program, but this isn’t even that entertaining anymore. Of course everyone predicts every stupid twist at this point because they keep doing variations on the same stories.

It took me 6-days to bring myself to watch the last episode off DVR…I’m going to put an end to my misery and take a stand against crap.…..this show is dead to me (unless they bring Elisha Culbert back, then I’m all in).