25 April 2007

Sanjaya: A Straight Pothead?

As one of American Idol's most polarizing figures, fans either love or hate Sanjaya Malakar – but he says he's always been popular with women. "I've always gotten along with girls better because I was raised by women," Malakar tells PEOPLE in its new issue.

"I got teased in school because people figured I must be gay because I understand women," the phenomenally popular American Idol castoff says. "I think that's why guys didn't like me – because I got along with girls so well. When I went up to girls they would give me a hug and a kiss on the cheek like I was their gay friend. But I was the straight guy that understood them."

As for his dating past, Malakar, who is now 17, says: "I had a girlfriend but she became clingy, and I didn't want to get into a really serious relationship because I was 16. Before his arrival on the hit FOX show, "I just wanted to date and have fun," he says.

I think "she was clingy" is code for "she had a vagina and gross boobs".
Malakar's American-born mother, Jillian Blyth, was busted in Pierce County, Wash., in February 2005 after neighbors reported smelling marijuana and noticed a large vent on the garage roof, according to court records. Cops discovered 310 marijuana plants and growing lights.

Sanjaya's mother pleaded guilty to one felony count of unlawful manufacturing of a controlled substance. She faced up to five years behind bars, but was sentenced to just 30 days.

I wish all this had come out while he was still on the show. This really makes him interesting!

No comments: