02 April 2007

Prison Break: Gone Too Soon

I am surprisingly pleased with how this season has turned out. There were some rough patches, sure, and some ridiculous subplots (anything not involving The Brothers, Sara, Kellerman, or Mahone) but it truly evolved into a great year! This show is too good to leave me now.

Oh, Paul Kellerman - how you break my heart!! His testimony gets Sara off, but gets him arrested. And then, as he and I expected, this gets him killed. DAGGER!! RIP The Magnificent Bastard. His testimony also exonerates Lincoln, so the boys are totally off the hook.

I'm glad they ended Sucre's storyline (for this season) where they did. He's bleeding out in the middle of a road. It was ambiguous, plus we got to spend the last half hour on the good stuff. Which I watched crouched on the sofa with my hand over my mouth.

At about 8:40 we get a Happy Not-Ending - Sara reunites with The Brothers and tells them they're all off the hook. But of course that F-ing midget Asian Kim has to show up. When Sara shot Kim I literally STOOD ON MY SOFA! I was so excited! Michael and Sara run from the cops, have a great reunion scene, then are ripped apart when he takes the blame for Kim's murder, gets arrested, and gets dropped off at Sona - some F-ed up, shady, The-Company-is-involved-in-it-somehow Panama prison. (Hey, Michael, how do you say "self-defense" in Spanish?!) Really F-ed up. It ends with Michael walking through the prison, and seeing Bellick on the ground. We left Sara roaming the streets of Panama with Lincoln trying to catch up to her. And Mahone gets framed for drug possession by Michael - and he ends up at Sona too!!! Nice move, but I do feel bad for Mahone. He got a raw deal.

So what do we get next year - Sara and Lincoln working to get Michael out of this prison? He should totally team up with Mahone too. But this prison looks ROUGH!

Damn, this was a great show. Is it August yet???

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kellerman ain't dead.....if they don't show him being shot then he's still alive and they just shot the guard.

Juju said...

I thought that too. But that actor is going on another show next year. They certainly did leave it a little open - and I wouldn't be opposed to The Rise of Paul Kellerman!!