31 December 2007

Baloney & Cereal Oh-Seven Sillies: Movies

Best of the Year

10. The Kingdom. Maybe people thought it was a war movie and so they stayed away. But it's a great action movie. During the last act, I couldn't move a muscle. That makes it beat out Sweeney Todd for inclusion on the list. Plus I wanted to pick something you don't typically see on Best Of lists.
9. Transformers. Because it's fun, people! It doesn't get much bigger than trucks and planes transforming into battling robots. Unfortunately, the DVD is dead to me since it's not on Blu-Ray. Asses.
8. I Am Legend. I love movies that stay with me for a few days, and this one definitely did. A great portrayal of solitude, but also scary as hell. Deserves to be seen on the big screen.
7. Zodiac. I love me some David Fincher and I love me some serial killing. Dark and haunting, it really puts you back into that time.
6. 300. Amazing visuals. And if you know the graphic novel you appreciate them even more. It's like the comic was brought to life. And it's a bloody good time.
5. Grindhouse. Another bloody good time. Tragically, the split-release of the DVDs takes away from the experience you got in the theater, which is what made it so cool. The DVDs are dead to me until they are combined and I can turn my living room into a Grindhouse.
4. Juno. Funny and sweet, Ellen Page gives the best performance of the year.
3. No Country for Old Men. So well-done. Just quality, quirky Coen Brothers entertainment.
2. 3:10 to Yuma. And I allegedly don't like Westerns! The performances were amazing, and it's another movie that really stays with you.
1. Superbad. Two best friends played by two hilarious guys (my boyfriends, Michael Cera and Jonah Hill). A wacky nickname. Two insane cops. And one little bottle of spermicidal lube. An instant comedy classic. A great, LOL comedy, and ultimately a great story.

Worst of the Year

I try not to see bad movies, but once in a while I either get fooled or bored, or feel like it is my wifely duty.
3. Beowulf. Dull waste of time.
2. The Heartbreak Kid. Couldn't be any less funny.
1. Spider-Man 3. Ugh. Singing and dancing. Emo Peter Parker. Fugly Kirsten Dunst. I'm officially over these movies.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Boop!