31 December 2007

Baloney & Cereal Oh-Seven Sillies: Television

Best of the Year

7. So You Think You Can Dance. Imagine this: talented contestants producing works of art. It really makes you think you CAN dance.

6. Project Runway. Ditto. And with more gays.

5. Dateline: To Catch a Predator. Chris Hansen is my hero, these low-lifes are my entertainment.

4. Pushing Daisies. Quirky, adorable, and funny as hell. The best new show of the year.

3. Human Giant. Take the three funniest men on the planet: Rob Huebel, Paul Scheer, and Aziz Ansari. Hilarity ensues. This show is coming back, right?

2. 30 Rock. A show full of inside jokes. When you get them you feel like one of the cool kids. There's not an unfunny person in the cast, and it's the most consistently LOL show on television.

1. Heroes. What did you expect? The beauty of this list is that it includes the second half of last season. So while I can admit that a couple episodes this season were rough, the show eventually redeemed itself and last year was great stuff. It's Number One because it's still the only show I obsess over and have to watch live.

Worst of the Year

3. Kid Nation. If I wanted to look at dirty kids and hear them shriek, I'd have some.

2. Bionic Woman. Talk about a downslide. It suffered from behind-the-scenes changes that made it horrifically bad after the first episode. I only hung in for three.

1. 24. Just because it fell so far. I've decided to forget last season ever happened. It was all a bad dream as far as I'm concerned. I need the writers' strike to end so I can have this show back and it can redeem itself.

No comments: