30 December 2007

Baloney & Cereal Oh-Seven Sillies: Music

I'll start the ubiquitous, requisite Look Back at 2007 with Music.

I don't download many songs, and I download even fewer complete albums, but my general awesomeness still qualifies me to make picks for the best music of 2007. Music that I blast in my car when it comes on the radio. Music that I'd put on a mixtape called "Now That's What I Call Sillies."

Album of the Year: Linkin Park, Minutes to Midnight. At first listen, I was disappointed because it is less electronic/hard than the other albums. But the emo-punk teenage boy in me came to obsess over its moodiness. Angsty as hell and I love it.
See "In Pieces": Telling me to go, but hands beg me to stay. Your lips say that you love. Your eyes say that you hate. There's truth in your lies, doubt in your faith. What you build you lay to waste.... All I've got's what you didn't take.

Runner-up: Timbaland, Shock Value. See especially, "Apologize", "The Way I Are".

Top Songs:

Fall Out Boy
- "Thnks fr the Mmrs", "This Ain't a Scene, It's an Arms Race". Fun pop-rock. Emo forever!

Finger Eleven - "Paralyzer". Best Drums of 2007

Justin Timberlake - "What Goes Around...Comes Around". Technically released January 8 so it makes the list. Still love this song!

Rihanna featuring Jay-Z - "Umbrella" (ella ella ella, ay ay ay). I can't escape it, so I have to admit it. Plus, it samples GarageBand, which makes it even more awesome. Who else could do that?

Plain White T's - "Hey There Delilah". Because I can imagine drunks everywhere singing the chorus at a bar. Because even though I'm not drunk, I just can't resist singing "Oh it's what you do to me" out loud every time I hear it.

1 comment:

Mary said...

Agreed. Minutes to Midnight is in my CD changer along w/ Shock Value. What about Bombay?? That song is bangin!