08 May 2008

Top Chef: Wedding Wars

Maybe I'll start blogging Top Chef now, since it's getting toward the end and nothing else is on. There are 4 guys and 4 girls left and - surprise! - I only like the guys. I freaking live for Andrew the White Rapper, and I also like Spike, Dale the Difficult Filipino, and Richard too.

The White Rapper continues to make me laugh. He said he got a "culinary boner" with this week's challenge. They had to cater a wedding, working for about 36 hours straight to get it done. He made 5-hours-worth of creamed spinach or, in White Rapper parlance, "Popeye's wet effing dream." I'm really in love with him, that's all there is to it.

The wedding turned out fine. The groom's cake looked like a cat litter box. Dale was deliciously bitchy and defensive during the judging: "You should have liked it, it took him 3 hours to cook it." Down, kitty!

In the end Nikki left and good riddance because all these chicks are overdue to leave.

No comments: