13 October 2009

Heroes: God Intervenes

So here's what happened this week. I was watching the show tape-delayed on Monday night so I wouldn't have to sit through commercials. But after the first break, my DVR goes on the fritz. Now if this had been a year or 2 ago, I would have cried and freaked out. But, seeing as how this show isn't what it used to be, I just went, "Oopsie. Good thing there's Hulu." Mike prefers to blame "user error" (me being the user), but I think it was Divine Intervention. God was trying to smack me out of watching this show. Well, I'm defying him, sorry. I'm pot-committed. Mike watches Smallville after 8 years, I'll watch this show (if it lasts) 8 years. I might not like it, but I'll enjoy making fun of it!

Fun story. Anyway, on to the show.

So Emma, our deaf girl, was going to be a doctor, but now she's a file clerk because some guy named Christopher died. She's still seeing sounds as colors, which is possibly the most pointless power ever. And when Peter saves her from being hit by a bus, now he can join in the pointless fun.

Peter fills her in on how there are people with powers and they're awesome. Yeah, but hers sucks, Peter. They make cute with each other zzzzz.... I lost minutes of my life while they played the piano and made colors appear. It was retarded. OK, but then at the end when Emma is playing a cello again, the sound/color things bust a hole in the wall. So now her power does something, at least. I guess.

Gretchen is freaking Claire out with stalkery behavior, only it's not stalkery. Well, it kind of is. Gretchen has a crush on Claire. Which leads to our ratings-stunt, purposeless kiss. Well, maybe it won't be purposeless. Maybe Claire will come out as a lesbian, like Willow on Buffy. But this is Heroes, so I doubt it.

Zombie!Nathan rises from the grave and looks like Sylar. Sylar with a weird emo/Flock of Seagulls haircut. Seriously, what the hell was with the long bang in the front? He's picked up by the Baltimore P.D. (I was hoping for a crossover with The Wire at this point) and they bring in a psychologist to try to figure out if he's insane. He doesn't know who he is, he's bloody and dirty... yeah, sounds insane to me. Aaaand Sylar has amnesia for the 50th time on this show. He's more fun when he's crazy and murderous and knows what he's doing.

Blah blah Sylar's crazy blah blah Sylar doesn't know who he is blah blah he escapes.

In the end, we find out Samuel has planted an Invisible Girl in Claire's life to try to isolate her. Hiro shows up in Peter's apartment. And Sylar ends up at the Carnival (which disappears when the police show up).

At least Ernie Hudson was in it. Ernie Hudson is cool.

No comments: