27 October 2009

SYTYCD: Performances AND Results

Baseball effs with my shows once again - it's because of baseball that we get no separate results show. Actually, I think that's a good thing; I'd rather knock it out in one episode. Thanks, baseball!

Cat's looking lovely today, all Veronica Lake hair and red Asian dress.

Nigel's been name-dropping and whoring for Paula Abdul only twice now, but it's already too much. Enough. We don't need that spacey whore.

Performances

1. Channing and Phillip - Jive. Phillip is a spoken-word-poet. Guess what? I hate him even more now. DIE PHILLIP! They both seem to be trying too hard, focusing too much on the steps - and I've decided I'll hate Phillip no matter what.

2. Ashleigh and Jakob - Broadway by Tyce. She bothers me because she's 8 feet tall and a horseface, so I'll never like anything she does. He was amazing - really flexible and great lines. He was like the star of the piece and she was horsey background noise.

3. Ariana and Peter - Hip Hop by Tabitha & Napoleon. Peter is a Philly Dirtbag, but they were pretty good.

4. Russell and Noelle - Foxtrot. Noelle injured her knee this week in rehearsals... and somehow is not immediately DQ'd. So instead Russell has to dance with the choreographer with red hair. This will be the ultimate test for Russell! He played his character well and I thought he was good.

5. Bianca and Victor - Contemporary by Travis Wall. She was surprisingly good. I thought she wasn't going to be great in anything other than tap, but I thought her lines were great and they had so many cool little tricks in the routine. He was really good and it was a great routine.

6. Karen and Kevin - Cha cha. OK, so they danced to "Push It" which I found totally distracting. Because I was just jamming along to the song - their performance was incidental. I don't know what she did other than vamp, and he was out of his element. I like Karen a lot, but I wasn't feeling it. Again, I think I was just focused on the kickass song.

7. Ellenore and Ryan - Contemporary Jazz by Sonya. Ellenore's amazing. I don't like Ryan personally, with his gross muscles and general grossness, but he was good too. Go figure.

8. Pauline and Brandon - Smooth Waltz. Brandon's the Asian Hip Hop Dude Who Replaced Billy. Two Asian tastes that taste great together. (But Pauline and Billy would have been technically amazing, dude.) They were really adorable together though. A really pretty, lovely dance that probably wasn't technically amazing, but was fun to watch. Especially considering he only had a day and a half to learn it - their chemistry and romantic performance really made this for me.

9. Kathryn and Legacy - Hip Hop by Dave Scott. Legacy lucked out with that style - he's an amazing b-boy and he really got to showcase it. It was the most fun routine of the night - loved it!

10. Mollee and Nathan - Disco. I find Mollee WAY annoying, so I have to avoid looking at her smiley face while she dances. They had all of these amazing lifts, but toward the end you could tell they were tired and it was a little more awkward.

Bottom Two Guys: Brandon and Russell. Woah - what!? Russell? They're clearly just trying to get him to show his awesomeness and sorry, Brandon, that means you're out. Actually... Brandon was good. BUT HE'S NO RUSSELL!!!

Bottom Two Girls: Ariana and Pauline. Well, there's a clear loser here too, right?

Bye-bye: Ariana and Brandon. Agree. Nigel's going to try to change the rules so that Brandon can come back next season - since he was really only on the show for a day and didn't get a fair shot at the Top 20. Cool.

I still don't understand how the girl who DIDN'T PERFORM doesn't get kicked out. I bet she's still injured next week and Ariana comes back.

As much as I love this show, these 2 hour shows kill me. Too. Bloody. Long.

No comments: