18 June 2007

This Weekend's Theme: Surfing

Surf's Up is freaking adorable. It's done in a documentary style so it makes it a little more grown-up. There's enough physical comedy to keep kids laughing (seriously, what is with kids laughing every time someone bumps their knee?), but I enjoyed the S out of it. And I have a general dislike for animated films. The animation was very realistic. As realistic as you can get with penguins surfing. Also cool - they used contemporary music in it (like a documentary would), not this Randy Newman crap. Also, I totally want a baby penguin now. Maybe just a stuffed one.
I'm pretty ashamed to say I also enjoyed Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer. I just watched the first one and liked that too! For some reason, the candy-coated superhero movie thing works for me. (On the other hand, I hated Ghost Rider, even though someone told me I'd enjoy it.) The Silver Surfer is the best part of the movie. It's not without its flaws, but it's entertaining. As long as you can get past how odd Jessica Alba looks with fake blue eyes and blond hair.

No comments: