07 June 2007

Top Chef Smackdown

Thank goodness Top Chef is coming back. It's an actual food competition where the chefs get to make their own recipes, as opposed to the Hell's Kitchen way, which has the chefs cooking the same recipes in the same groups every time. Boooooring.

We were treated to a smackdown of the Top 4 of Season 1 v. the Top 4 of Season 2, which is awesome!!! I'd kill to be a judge there. Nothing really changed with any of the people. Harold still giving off that slightly creepy vibe while being super-talented. Dave freaking out in the kitchen. Marcel making foams. No shocker - Season 1 wins. They are clearly the most talented, and professional. That's my main complaint about Season 2 - they just weren't professional. They were more like a frat of jerk-offs who occasionally cooked. I like to see people live and breathe food. I remember Season 1 making meals at their house together. Season 2 just had a lot of in-fighting and head-shaving.

I hope Season 3 is good. I already hate the Asian guy - because he's friends with Marcel and seems like the same kind of jerk. Lots of young people this season too. I heard Tom raided the kitchens of New York himself for Executive Chefs, so that at least they would have a lot of professional contestants.

No comments: