17 August 2007

Big Dancing Chef

Last night was a jam-packed night of television for me, and I stupidly stayed up late so I could watch all of it.

I've got to say, I was happy with Big Brother. As much as I HATE Dick, this is interesting stuff. Dustin gets evicted instead! (The look on his face was priceless he was so shocked - and then the cameraman stupidly cut away.) And Dick reached out to Eric for a Dick-Danielle-Eric-Jessica alliance. Maybe just in time too, since Danielle got Head of Household. (Note to the chicks: keep wearing tube tops when you're winning HOH and jumping up and down. Do it for Houman.)

Eric is so pissed at America: "Surprise, surprise, it's Dustin!" He has to vote Dustin out, but is such a great manipulator that he convinces Jessica that's the way to go. Not that it takes much skill to manipulate Jessica.

The only thing I'm bitter about is that my girl Jameka is going to end up getting screwed if that alliance holds together. I hope Eric brings her along for a while.

Sabra won So You Think You Can Dance! FACE! She was my girl. I thought the Top 4 ended up ranked just as they should have been: 4) Lacey and her ass; 3) Neil, who finally said hi to his girlfriend, making me jealous; 2) Danny; and 1) SABRA! That 2-hour finale was the Most Entertaining Reality Show Competition Finale of All Time. They had all the great dances from the season re-performed (and my girl Sara was up there a lot). I'm so glad I watched this season. Like Project Runway, these people have actual talent and it's awesome to watch.

It was the episode of Top Chef where the contestants have to open two restaurants. And these restaurants were lame-o. I might not know much, but I know that you don't have scented candles in a restaurant. Jackasses. And I thought a gay guy would have more taste than that crappy decor in The Garage. The other restaurant didn't seem horrible to me, apart from Brian's freaking out and Tre's over-smoked potatoes.

Mike totally called that they were going to call out the teams, send them each back, and then tell them they get a do-over. Mike has the Sixth Sense for Reality Shows. They get to try again and open two more restaurants. Let's hope they learn from their mistakes and that my man Tre just wins this thing already.

No comments: