21 August 2007

Fulfilling My Constitutional Obligations

I hope you all appreciate what I had to do in order to fulfill my civic duties and serve my jury duty. I had to sit with the dregs of humanity for 11 hours waiting for them to call the number 59.

I got to the courthouse at 7:30 AM. We started with over 700 people, all listening for their number to be called. This is apparently harder than you would imagine. So many degenerates had to be called several times. I don't know how that Clerk deals with these people day in and day out. They couldn't follow simple instructions like, "write down the name of your judge" or "line up here". Ugh.

My number wasn't called until after lunch, at 1:30 PM. I was sent to a courtroom (after an hour wait in a hallway) with probably 40 people. There were 2 cases picking a jury concurrently. The last jury was picked at 6:30 PM, and I wasn't on it. Dagger too because I would have loved the hot teen sex cases. One dude was 24 and had sex with a 16-year-old. The other jacked off in front of a child under 16. That would have been good times.

So I served my time and MISSED MY F-ING FANTASY DRAFT!!!!! I feel so patriotic. Now I have to catch up on all my Hollywood gossip and see what that disaster Britney's been up to. She can get a lot done in 24 hours.

No comments: