22 August 2007

Reading Comprehension Clearly Not My Thing

In perusing the entertainment news over the past couple of days, I saw several stories about Ryan Seacrest and the Emmys. I didn't realize until just now that the stories were about him hosting the Emmys. This oversight could have been caused by my hatred of Ryan Seacrest preventing me from fully reading the story. Also, I just figured it was about him hosting the pre-show. The actual show??? ICK! What does he have on FOX execs that they keep giving him these jobs?! Like the Super Bowl wasn't bad enough!
Ryan Seacrest may be accustomed to hosting just about everything – from American Idol to his radio show – but the busiest man in show business is nervous about his latest gig as host of the 59th Primetime Emmy Awards.

"I'm scared because it's a room full of actors who probably hate me, " Seacrest said during his KIIS-FM radio show on Wednesday.

But all jitters aside, Seacrest said he is looking forward to his most recent resume builder. "I'm going to have a good time hosting that thing," he added.

Producers are hoping the audience will have a good time as well, and that Seacrest will "serve as a magnet for attracting a diverse array of viewers to our Emmy telecast," according to Dick Askin, chairman and chief executive officer of the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences.

The 59th Annual Primetime Emmys will air on FOX Sept. 16.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Seacrest is really annoying, but at least he's hosting the Emmy's that hardly anyone watches.

Also, did you hear Janeane Garofalo is joining the cast of 24. that's lame too!