02 January 2008

2008: A Look Ahead

Well, it's been fun reflecting on 2007, but it's time to look ahead. As much as I like to think New Year's Resolutions are lame, I suppose I've made some.

I'm going to stop procrastinating and start learning web design. First step: got a book. Second step: taking a Photoshop class, even though it means Saturday morning classes starting January 26. I'm now one of those middle-aged women that takes continuing education classes at the local community college. Great.

I'm going to study Zen Buddhism and practice meditation (zazen). Seriously. Again, got the books. Now I just need to clear my mind.

Now let's move to Things to Look Forward to in 2008:

Date undetermined - The end of the writers' strike? Please? Look how desperate I am - I'm taking freaking classes! Need television so I can procrastinate!
April - my baby sister's wedding; a new niece or nephew
May - Iron Man
July - my second Comic-Con, The Dark Knight
December - Zachary Quinto on the big screen a/k/a Star Trek

Things To Fear in 2008:

May - The end of The Don & Mike Show. I've been listening for 14 years and if I'm not properly medicated I'm going to cry through the whole final show.
December - Zachary Quinto on the big screen (I have a feeling those eyebrows and ears ain't gonna be so attractive). However, he'll be doing lots of press, I'm assuming with Good Eyebrows and Hair intact, so this shall stay on the Look Forward list.

Not much to fear! YAY!

3 comments:

Karen said...

Your list is great...lots to look forward to. How can you not fear terrorism? Or were you trying not to be too serious? And don't you fear a Republican winning the election in November? :-)

Juju said...

Yeah a Republican winning is definitely too serious-scary. But then again I'm not sold on the Democrats either....

Anonymous said...

We should be fearing the terrorism that OUR country is inflicting on others.
Jen, you should read Eat, Pray, Love. I know there's a lot of hype and it was on Oprah (dagger), but it's really good. I haven't finished it yet because I'm purposely taking my time with every sentence.