11 January 2008

Project Runway Goes to the Prom

The challenge was to design prom dresses for Jersey girls. Jersey girls who wanted Jersey dresses with plunging fronts and backs. I loved how the designers complained that they had to design for "kids" - who are the same age as the models they use. You can complain that they're shorter and fatter, but you can't complain about their age.

And boy did I miss the professional models. The runway is so distracting when civilian girls with hips walk down with their linebacker shoulders like they have sticks up their asses. I now appreciate starving models!

Christian got the fattest, most annoying client - a raving bitch I wanted to punch. I didn't LOVE any of the dresses. I liked Rami, Sweet P, and Victorya. Actually, I only liked the design and color of Victorya's - she killed it for me when she bedazzled it! But she still wins.

The Final Two were Christian and Kevin, which made me bitter because I think Ricky should have lost. I was freaking out because I didn't want Christian to lose just because he had that annoying lunatic model. Unfortunately, it was Kevin (who lost for his uninspired red dress with the unfinished hem), who I liked, but as long as it wasn't Christian, I was cool with it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I loved Victorya's dress, even with the bedazzled and Ricky shouldn't go because I want to hug him. I can't stand Christian, he is too over the top for me, but I didn't think that he would actually go home. Just so Chris and Sweet Pea keep doing well, I'll be happy.