28 January 2008

The Wire

I just don't have it in me to write too much about last night's episode. Either because I'm still sick, because I feel like not much happened, or because I didn't fully understand what happened. It was a bit of filler. Of course, filler on The Wire is 100 times better than a good episode of, say, Grey's Anatomy, but still. Lots of stuff happened, yet nothing did. It felt like lots of things were coming into place for the rest of the season. Hey, maybe that's why the episode was called "Transitions." OK, so those writers know what they're doing after all!

McNulty was a prick to his girlfriend. His fake serial killer thing is getting pretty outlandish, with the dentures to - what? leave bite marks on the dead bodies? I guess the main thing was, R.I.P. Prop Joe. I was definitely sad to see him go. I always loved that fat F. Marlo had him killed, in I guess the nicest way possible, and he seemed to enjoy watching it happen.

Omar's back in B-more, and I couldn't be happier. It actually makes me giddy to see him walking the streets in his bulletproof vest! Omar had the Line of the Night: "I'm gonna work them. Sweet Jesus, I'm gonna work them." Do it, Omar!

No comments: