06 January 2008

You Do Have Flamingos in Your Flamingo Gardens, Right?


We went to Flamingo Gardens on a whim today because it was so nice outside. It's really close to our house, and next to a major road. But you'd never know that behind the sign was 60 acres of wildlife preserve and gardens. It's really gorgeous to walk around in it. If you like birds, you'd love it. If you're afraid of them, you'd hate it. There is an aviary where you just walk around with all kinds of birds walking and flying around you. There was a 5-foot dude that scared the living crap out of me. We miraculously made it out without getting crapped on!

As for yesterday's playoff games (and more specifically, last night's debacle), as long as the Redskins fans felt how I felt yesterday, I'm fine with the Steelers loss. That game was heartbreaking. I was running all over the house and swearing at the television, per usual. But as long as Redskins fans are feeling my agony, so be it. I couldn't take another week of hearing The Junkies and their DC callers crowing about the "hottest team in the NFC."

Go Packers! Go Colts!

2 comments:

KM said...

go Colts? I mean , really???

Anonymous said...

You do have dinosaurs in your dinosaur park, right?