26 January 2008

I Want to Play Doctor with Dr. Drew


The only advantage to being sick: being able to catch up on Celebrity Rehab. I had heard tons of clips from the show on radio shows, but finally got to see it yesterday. Greatest show ever! Forget Jeff Conaway's effed-up, vomiting, seizure-having self. Dr. Drew is my hero.

I used to listen to Loveline all the time - it was on in the middle of the night on the way home from working at the movie theater. I loved him then. He has somehow gotten more awesome. Love the pastel shirts he always wears. And, like Jeff said, he "looks good in jeans and a tee shirt... those arms!" Who knew a drunk could be so observant. Dr. Drew is the bomb.

I feel like he really cares about the people he's trying to help and isn't exploitative (hi, Dr. Phil!). Even when he's on The Today Show or whatever he's intelligent and not preachy and self-righteous. I'm considering smoking crack just so I can meet him and he can hold me and tell me everything will be OK.

No comments: