01 January 2008

Happy New Year!

We spent New Year's Day in South Beach. Yes, that's right, not New Year's Eve, New Year's Day. I much prefer South Beach in the daytime, and it's nice to be one of the few clear-eyed people there on January 1. Actually, there were a ton of people and Ocean Drive was closed to cars so it was beautiful walking around.

We went to our favorite Cuban restaurant, Puerto Sagua, for croquetas, empanadas, and Cuban sandwiches. Then we checked out the Miami Museum of Science. It's pretty ghetto, but still fun in that corny way. They had a Dinosaurs of China exhibit and a Planetarium, and according to Kim and me, you can't go wrong with dinosaurs and planetariums, respectively.

I didn't even make it til midnight last night, though I guess I technically did once the fireworks in the neighborhood started. Not to get all existential on your ass, but I much prefer celebrating the beginning of a new year than the end of the previous one.

HAPPY OH-EIGHT!

No comments: