13 September 2008

Burn After Reading


Burn After Reading was, to me, the perfect comedy. It was Classic Coen Brothers, like Fargo or Raising Arizona. Full of completely random, WTF? humor. And totally hysterical. Now, I guess it depends on your sense of humor. It's getting mixed reviews and some people at the theater tonight hated it. But I left the theater laughing, I laughed in the car, and I laughed for a good hour afterward thinking about it.

Brad Pitt is hysterical. J.K. Simmons steals the movie and he's in it for probably 6 minutes. He's what made me laugh most of all. Him, and the machine George Clooney builds in his basement. For real. It's a totally absurd movie, where dumb people get in over their heads and there are big misunderstandings and everyone's paranoid and people accidentally get killed - it's fabulous!

No comments: