16 September 2008

Fringe Gets My Seal of Approval

I am really enjoying Fringe!!! This show kicks ass and is right up my street. Does it rip off The X-Files? I don't know, maybe. But it's good, so that's all I care about.

I finally saw the premiere Sunday night - there was a horrific DVR accident that made me miss it last Tuesday. So far it seems really good - a weird occurrence each week which is linked to all the others ("The Pattern"). Some cool fringe science and a quirky, crazy (in an adorable, funny way so far) fringe scientist. Pacey from Dawson's Creek, who still looks 15, even with the scruff, and whom I will continue to call Pacey.

This week's opening: this chick bangs a dude and, in the time it takes to get to the hospital, delivers a baby. So gross and scary. The baby grew and lived a whole life in 4 hours. Died as an old man with the umbilical cord still attached. SO COOL!

There's already been lots of cool stuff in this show. I like it. There was a kind of mind meld to communicate with a man in a coma. And they were able to see the final thing that a dead woman saw by getting the image off of her retina. I just go with it and accept it. It's fun that way.

Anyway, this show is definitely worth checking out, if you haven't already.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Word up - It's no "lost" though - I've heard it referred to as a mix between "X-files" and "Lost" - + 20% more Joshua Jackson Eye-rolling.