03 July 2011

Transformers: Dark of the Moon


I feel like the title is missing a word. Is it just me?

Anyway, I'm happy to report the third Transformers is better than the crappy second, but probably not as good as the first. The first just had the advantage of being first. The beauty of watching an Autobot transform just isn't the same when you're jaded and have seen it 100 times.

Still, what I hated about the second one was all the robots talking. This time the robots just fight, as the good lord intended. It's your typical Michael Bay production - swinging camera shots, that weird golden lighting, a chick who just needs to stand there (or run) and look pretty. She does look pretty too - though I still prefer Megan Fox, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley is no slouch.

If it's possible, this movie was even more violent and destructive than the others. I mean, you have an entire city practically bombed-out and decapitations left and right. They're robot decapitations, but if I saw 1 "spinal column" ripped out of a body I saw 3. Not that I'm complaining.

No comments: