26 November 2006

This Is More Like It

I definitely had a good weekend this weekend. I still have to genuflect when I want to pick something up off the ground or a low shelf, but my back is much better.

We went to see two movies - For Your Consideration and The Fountain. On the Christopher-Guest-movie scale, FYC isn't as funny as Best in Show (that's a tough one to beat) but funnier than A Mighty Wind. The Fountain is just as bizarre as I expected it to be. It wasn't a total waste of time - the performances were good, it's just weird.

If I have a superpower like my friends on my new favorite show, it's the power to pick a great restaurant. Just give me 20 minutes on the Internets and I can find one. We went to 8 1/2 in Miami Beach Saturday night. You can design your own Tasting Menu of little courses. It was really really good. And we got to sit outside - it was a beautiful night. One of the highlights of the evening was seeing a Mercedes SLR. Every time we go to Miami we see some amazing car I've never seen before.

That brings us to today. Out of respect for the half of my audience who are Steelers fans, I won't gloat too much. Ravens won 27-0 and we watched it at our restaurant - surrounded by Steelers fans. Life is good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why are there Steelers fans in Florida?

Juju said...

Great question. The waiter said they turn out every week. Good news for us because it meant they put the game on the big screens.

There are lots of teams represented each week. So many people come to Florida from somewhere else and carry their team loyalty with them.