05 February 2007

24: Quotes from Tonight's Episode

"Thousands of lives are at stake!" That's in the 24 Drinking Game, right?

"Get the interrogation package!" Followed by a shot of Burke getting said package - the Silver Briefcase of Medical Torture.

"All you guys ever do is fight!" 24 shouldn't do family melodrama. That kid is disturbing to look at, and looks a lot like Kim Bauer.

Only 24 can have me screaming at the TV bitter in the beginning and then drinking the Kool-Aid again by the end. I was so pissed when Morris's brother was allegedly exposed to radiation. I mean, does a family member of CTU have to be involved in every season? But there was a point to this after all! Pretty cool when it was revealed that Morris was the engineer Fayed is trying to get. (Mike was thinking it was going to be Phillip, so we were shocked.)

Sandra Palmer's role has been just meaningless. Yeah, I get it - detaining people is bad. Moving on.

I thought the torture scene was waaaaay over the top. But then I got the point - Jack's unhinged. And only his Jedi Mind Trick Father can calm him down. His eeeevil, Jedi Mind Trick Father. RIP Graem? You won't be missed by me.

Next week: a 2-hour episode. I wonder if it's there to just fill out the schedule or if it will be a big event episode. If it keeps me hooked, I'll stay for the second part and watch Heroes on DVR. We shall see.

1 comment:

Karen said...

1. Did Wayne grow some stones as President sitting down his Cabinet to say one final "no" to the proposal? Nah, he just grew some pebbles
2. Will Karen make it to LA?
3. Glad to see that other "former" terrorist will be back with the Pres
4. JP called the Morris plot early- using his brother to draw him out of the building and the photo being him
5. Sandra's role will get better I think, her boyfriend won't continue
6. Poor Graem just wanted to be as tough as Jack whining "I can put up with just as much as he can!" yeah right! I thought something was shady with daddy Bauer. And WE think we have a dysfunctional family! I loved Graem confessing all of those past actions, but of course there is more! Poor Jack is being torn in two, and he STILL hasn't had anything to eat in 20 months.
7. I like the Morris plot (power drills are never good- as seen in the preview) and I like Jack's dad's plot.