12 February 2007

A Bloody Good Weekend

This weekend, we went to see Pan's Labyrinth. It is billed as this amazing, horror fairy tale. It's actually an amazing, depressing war film. It is very good, but damn! When we were leaving the theater, I was almost desperate enough to watch Norbit to cheer myself up. Almost.

We also watched Saw II this weekend. I thought it was really good! I already knew about one twist but not the other. For some reason, I always have this thing with horror movies where I think I'll be too scared to watch them. Then I watch them and it's like, That was it? I didn't find it scary so I guess that's why the gore didn't bother me. I don't know where my line is with gory movies. I think it lies just north of Tokyo. Those Japanese make some crazy horror films. (Or so I've heard.)

Saturday we had a play date with a neighbor. He's 11. We have more in common with him than any of the adults in the neighborhood. We played video games and grilled and I made his favorite cake. I kept waiting for Chris Hansen to show up.

Yesterday we went to the beach for a couple hours - in February! Then we went shopping and I capped off my weekend with the most beautiful Coach bag I've ever seen. I want to cry looking at it.

No comments: