20 February 2007

American Idol: The Dudes

Once it gets to the performances stage, the only way to watch American Idol is on the ol' DVR. Watch the performances and the judges' opinions, fast forward through the rest of the babble. No Ryan Seacrest that way too!!

I'm officially putting Chris Richardson on notice. Don't sing a song that my boy Elliott killed last year. He sounded like he was covering Elliott's version. You, sir, are no Elliott Yamin.

So many of the guys were so awful. When the performances go sour, Mike and I take off our glasses and hang our heads in disgust. If it's really bad we fall on the floor or scream in pain. We did all of those a lot tonight.

The good ones:

Blake - he came across as modern, hip, and tattooed.

Chris - my funny curly-haired dude. I didn't recognize the song, but thought he killed it.

A.J. - he was really good, and is the contestant Mike most resembles.

Phil a/k/a Cancer Boy was really good - in the second half of the song. Dreadful: the first half. We were on the floor. Plus when he stares into the camera I get the feeling like he can see me through the television and is trying to steal my soul. Trust me, he's worse without the hat.

Go home: Sundance and Nick.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AJ = Udan