05 February 2010

Heroes: Just When You Thought Things Couldn't Get Any More Pointless

It's Friday night and I'm seriously just now watching Heroes. What can I say, I prefer catching up on Mad Men.

We pick up where we left off (I think), with Peter stuck inside his brain, or Sylar's brain, or something, wandering around the streets alone. Sylar's still bricked-up in Parkman's basement, and trapped inside his brain as well. Or something. Look - it's just an excuse for Sylar to walk around in a black coat and black jeans and black boots and all is right with the world. Slick.

Peter and Sylar meet up in the Lonesome Brain Street and start chasing each other around the city. If they're the only ones there, they should really just start doing it. Peter wants to help Sylar find a way out so he can save Deaf Girl and Her Deadly Cello. I still don't understand where they're trapped exactly - their own minds I guess, but together somehow - so how the hell can they get out?

T Bag has Bennet tied up in the House of Mirrors, where that dreadlocked guy can project his memories onto the mirrors. He brings Claire in so that she can watch the show. OK so it's the 80s and he's selling cars, married to a black chick. Huh whut!? OK. Claire doesn't care either. But we're all subjected to more memories, as we see that Bennet's pregnant wife was killed by a Special who busted into their house to rob them. Mmm kay.

Back to the Land of the Painful Backdrop. Worst. Painting of Buildings. Ever. Our two boys are hanging out on rooftops. I'm sorry, but I've seen more realistic backdrops at Disney Hollywood Studios. They should have filmed there on the "San Francisco" street - more realistic.

We go back to Pointless Black & White Memories far too many times for my taste. Though we do get to see Eric Roberts again, which is awesome. What's not so awesome is that we find out it was Eric Roberts who essentially ordered Bennet to marry Sandra, a waitress where they were eating. Like really - that's how pointless this got. I really don't care about how they met, but you certainly never got the impression it was an arranged marriage. Why bother telling us this now? Ugh.

As if it's a metaphor for me banging my head against the wall that is this show (does that work?), Peter is constantly banging a sledgehammer against a brick wall in their Brain World, trying to break out. Oh good lord just get out already. They say they've been trapped there together for years. Yep, it feels like it's been years for me too, not 44 minutes. Christ. Eventually, they break out. Somehow. I don't know. What was I supposed to do? Pay attention?

Back at the Carnival, T Bag talks about taking the Carnival to Central Park. Then he sinks the trailer Bennet and Claire are in into the ground.

The good news? There's only one of these bastards left. And I might watch it Monday instead of 24 just to get it goddamn over with.

No comments: