21 July 2010

SYTYCD: Performances

It's time to play Guess Who Was Injured This Week! The answer? Billy Bell! It's a knee injury, and even though the doctors said he could dance, he decided not to. Pussy quitter. Jesus Christ, this season is cursed. Why is this happening? I guess the winner will just be the last dancer standing. This also means we're even more desperate to fill 2 hours. Yay fast-forward button.

Lauren and Twitch - Hip Hop by Tabitha & Napoleon. It was a cool routine and Lauren was awesome! She's good at hip hop - I really like her. Good thing, since she's the last girl. I mean, what was with those somersault type things she did? Insane!

Jose and Allison - Contemporary by Sonya. I'm thankful for a Sonya routine, but doubtful Jose can pull this off. Well, the routine was weird. Jose was sitting on the edge of the stage the whole time. Like, the whole time!!! There was no dancing. He just didn't do much. I'm pretty sure I could have done his part. Once again, they treat Jose with kid gloves. Oy.

Robert and Lauren - Jazz by Tyce. Robert pretends to be sexually interested in Lauren. How cute. It was a good piece and he was excellent. As long as he's not talking, it's all good.

Kent and Kathryn - Jazz by Sonya. Oh yay we actually have 2 talented dancers take on a Sonya routine! It was a more cheery, upbeat routine than we're used to getting from Sonya. They were great - but I was mostly watching Kathryn because she's so amazing.

Adechike and Comfort - Lyrical Hip Hop by Tabitha & Napoleon. It was a cool routine and he was great, but I was really in awe of Comfort. She wasn't this awesome during her season. She's grown a lot and maybe it's because we only see her doing her style now, but she rules. Adechike was great though and got a lot of passion in there - he was crying, it was crazy. Well done.

Robert and Lauren - Samba. It was great, really high-energy and fun. They make a really nice pairing. Lauren's really great.

Adechike and Jose - Paso Doble. Whoa. Same sex Paso Doble. Two shirtless men dancing together. Yessssss. It was really cool, but Adechike out-danced Jose. They both definitely had the attitude and did the characters well, but Adechicke > Jose.

Kent and (not Billy) - Stepping. Oh god - these white boys are going to do stepping? I don't care, I love stepping, I'll take it. Billy, of course, was hurt so Twitch steps in. YAY - now that's what I'm talking about. I think Kent was good though - kind of played off the whole whitebread thing. It worked. If he wasn't so gosh-darn, golly-gee ADHD annoying, I might like him more.

Man, if Billy goes home this week we're stuck with Jose again. He's gotten waaaay farther that he should have already.

No comments: