02 January 2010

Baloney & Cereal Oh-Nine Sillies: TV is My Best Friend

Best TV of 2009:

8. Curb Your Enthusiasm – It was so good this year. The Seinfeld reunion was amazingly perfect, along with the usual inappropriate antics of Larry David.

7. Community – I started watching for Joel McHale – and he’s great – but OMG those supporting characters!? How amazing are Abed (Danny Pudi) and Troy (Donald Glover)? AMAZING! And I wish Senor Chang taught me Spanish.

6. Parks & Recreation – I didn’t love this show last year, but this season has been great!! Louis C.K. as the cop boyfriend and Chris Pratt as Andy really helped put it over the top. Really, the whole cast is pretty fabulous – Aziz Ansari, Nick Offerman, and Aubrey Plaza... OMG Aubrey Plaza kills me as April the intern.

5. Being Human – This reminds me that the show is coming back soon! You can wait to catch it on BBC America or try to find *cough*alternative*cough* methods of viewing it. It’s a great British show about werewolf, ghost, and vampire roommates. It’s hot and funny and fabulous!! (Dear America: Please don't remake this. You'll ruin it.)

4. So You Think You Can Dance – Still the best place to go for real (and amazing) talent.

3. The Soup – And not just because I went to a taping this year. It’s always great, and it’s not just about Joel – I love me some Mankini and the other random little “characters” – they’re real to me, dammit!

2. Chuck – Edged out by Fringe this year, but really they’re equal in my mind. Just depends on if you’re going for tragic/scary/fun or comedic/fun. All the characters are fabulous. I bought my Five Dollar Footlong and helped to get the show saved. Can’t wait til this comes back this month!

1. Fringe – I can’t be more in love with a show if I tried. I love every single damn character and Walter Bishop breaks my damn heart on a weekly damn basis.

Worst Show I Can’t Stop Watching: Flash Forward. For a second there, it got better, but then it went back to sucking. The main problem is that I don’t care about the characters – seriously, they could all die and I’d move on with my life. The flash forwards are too damn repetitive, especially when I don’t care about the characters!!

Worst Shows Period: Life on Mars (Never. Americanize. Anything. Brilliant.) and Prison Break (a show I didn’t even recognize toward the end, it had fallen so hard).

2 comments:

Kim said...

I'm sorry, there must be some mistake-- I didn't see "Jersey Shore" on that list!

Lauren said...

The Parks and Rec episode where they went hunting was one of the funniest shows I've ever seen!