19 January 2010

Heroes: The Most Pointless Thing I've Seen All Year

Claire walks into a room at school for a study group and there's Sylar - he's written "Why Claire Bennet" half a million times on the chalkboard. Claire's all, "You killed my father!" Sylar just wants a friend. And he wants to take this whole school setting all the way - by brainstorming on the chalkboard about how much they have in common. She's all, "You're a psychopath." Sylar forces a kiss on her so he can... I don't know, pull out information like the Tattoo Lady. He teases her about her inability to tell Gretchen how she feels. Claire stabs him in the eye with a pencil, which is enough to get rid of his invisible-grip on her.

She grabs Gretchen and they hide in a closet. Get it? In the closet. But it wasn't Gretchen - it was Sylar disguised as Gretchen. El Oh El! Except... then he just walks away - so while I appreciate the deception, did he get the answer he needed? Has he just had enough of harassing Claire for the day?

Mohinder leaves for India, leaving Bennet, Ando, and Hiro to be the Three Musketeers. But Hiro passes out, and dreams/hallucinates/whatever a trial. World v. Hiro Nakamura. The Judge? His dad. The courtroom? The Burnt Toast Diner. (Wow, they really have no budget for sets, huh?) The prosecutor? Adam Monroe. The entire thing? Pointless and ridiculous.

Hiro wakes up from this pointless hour of television with his brain tumor gone. Well, damn, I guess he's going to live now....

I'm reminded how pissed off I am that Robert Knepper's on this show. It doesn't deserve him, dammit. My poor T Bag, forced to order a milkshake and creepily blather on and on to an old chick seemingly without a point. On the plus side, I solved a work issue in my head while he was showing her the cottage he built for her. At least I could use some of my brain tonight....

We end with a pissed-off Samuel, after being rejected for the 500th time, causing an earthquake and leveling the whole town. And Sylar shows up to Matt's house looking for him. OK.

1 comment:

Anne said...

The entire thing? Pointless and ridiculous.

Hiro wakes up from this pointless hour of television with his brain tumor gone. Well, damn, I guess he's going to live now....


My thoughts exactly. That damn trial almost ruined what should have been the greatest night of my life. Oh, and Samuel too, he almost ruined it just as much.