16 January 2010

The Book of Eli


Wow. OK? Just wow. This movie was amazing. I had been looking forward to it since Comic-Con and let's face it - Denzel Washington, Gary Oldman, and the apocalypse!? How can it miss?

I loved everything about this movie. The performances are great, the cinematography is great - there were a lot of really cool shots. I loved the sepia-tone of the whole thing and how dry and (I assume) realistic the End of the World looked. I actually normally hate movies where people are dirty the whole time (really, I HATE them), but it didn't bother me as much here. So if I could overlook the dirt, greasiness, and general lack of hygiene, it must have been a captivating film.

There's not much I can say that won't ruin it. You should know from commercials it's about a man trying to protect the Bible. I can imagine that if you are religious (I'm not), you'd really like the message in this film. It's all about faith, missions from God, that kind of thing. Plus it has a pretty killer ending that makes you want to re-think everything and see the movie again. It's definitely the kind of movie that will stick with you for a while.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Can you delete this post please? It's only going to make Mike want to see it even more...