11 January 2010

Fringe: Bonus Monday Episode

There was a day when a double bill of Chuck and Fringe would be just about the greatest night of my life. But is it me or has Chuck not been good these last 2 days? I'm disappointed and Fringe had better not do me wrong, is what I'm saying.

So we get Fringe on a Monday, but there's a catch - it's an unaired Season One episode. Which is kind of odd, because you have things like Living Charlie Francis. Don't get me wrong - I freaking LOVE Charlie, but now you're just rubbing salt in the wound and making me miss him even more. You Fringe bastards.

Freak of the Week: Girl (Lisa) is taken off of life support and the doctors start harvesting her organs. Damn, they really do that fast, don't they? No rest for the dead. I guess they did it a little TOO fast because the chick is still alive. She jumps up and starts yelling out some code.

The code is for a classified nuclear submarine launch code. Later, Lisa speaks Russian. She's developed a psychic link with a missing dude, and she leads the team to his dead body - he was murdered at the same time Lisa came back to life.

Walter feeds Lisa drugs to speak to the dead guy possessing her body - it's like something out of The Exorcist. Cool stuff. While possessed by the dead guy, Lisa escapes the lab and goes to the guy's home to kill his wife, who had hired a guy to kill him. The team arrives though, and Peter talks Lisa down while Charlie, preferring the direct route, shoots a tranq dart in her back. Lisa is better and the dead guy is gone. The end.

This episode may not have moved things forward at all (because it was, well, the past), but I learned 2 things: 1) Olivia and Peter drinking beer and eating pizza = hot. 2) Pacey walking through a junkyard with a flashlight = hotter.

Observer Sighting: He walked behind Olivia as she was talking to the girl's mom outside of church.

Food Thing of the Week: None, sadly. Peter accused Walter of drinking all of the cream sodas. But I'd say the Fringe Partiers can look forward to beer and pizza Thursday night!!! (It's either that or milk straight from a cow.)

Alternatively, you could go with Walter's Line of the Night: "We need more drugs!"

This Week's Code: ASENGE. Um, what? Maybe I got the code wrong lol. I even tried Google Translator and no dice. I guess my code-cracking = FAIL.

2 comments:

JayBah said...

Code is avenge. We were totally prepared for cream soda and milk (straight from a local dairy, that's close enough to straight from the cow, right?). Pizza is sounding pretty damn good!

jayemarr said...

Sadly I do not think this week's compressed schedule will allow enough time to secure a cow -- legally, anyway -- so we'll have to make do with something from the refrigerator.

As I explained to my fellow partiers, benzodiazapenes are a class of drugs including things like Xanax and Ativan, but unfortunately Federal regulations forbid me from bringing enough along for the whole class.

Sadly (or not), this leaves us with pizza. We will have to make do! Cream soda, also.