22 August 2010

Project Runway

Challenge: Design a look inspired by an ugly-ass hat. Oh, I'm sorry, they are beautifully-crafted masterpieces. I guess I had that wrong. Oy.

Before the challenge, Ivy faints from a near-fatal combination of Diet Coke, cigarettes, coffee, and stress. But she's fine, so let's go back to doing all of those things and not eating.

Quote of the Week: Casanova: "I'm not like a cat, with 7 lives." I only love that man for his continual botching and misunderstanding of the English language.

Christopher's design had the most gorgeous fabric. He's really flying under the radar lately - I felt like he didn't get enough love last week - he's awesome. Tragically, the judges didn't like it. I could see how it was too gray/dark and the leggings sucked. But I really liked the design and the fabric, and so did a lot of the other designers.

April sent a diaper down the runway. It was quilted and everything - it looked like toilet paper. She sucks.

Mondo had the makeup artist draw a moustache on his model. At first I thought he was kidding when he asked for it - nope.

Gretchen's was great again - go figure. I loved AJ's polka dot dress too.

Winner:
Michael C. I love him - even if he reminds me of one of those little dudes from Entourage. It's funny because the rest of the designers pretty much hated his (and loved Christopher's).



Bye-bye:
Kristin. Wow, April really dodged that bullet. She won't be around for long though.

No comments: