22 July 2009

Alcatraz: Welcome to the Rock

If you know me, you know I'm a Prison Geek. Love it. So far one of my favorite things has to be the trip to Alcatraz. We took the night tour, which I recommend 1000%. It just adds to the experience to be there at night. Plus they have some special tours and presentations for the night tours. I am so happy that this tour of Alcatraz exceeded my expectations, you have no idea.










The shower room a/k/a Heaven.



The cells. I'll admit that when I first walked into the cell block I full-on squeed and almost hyperventilated. It was like meeting a celebrity or something.





These photos show happier times. When I was innocent and living the dream.



Then I walked into an isolation cell. Pitch black, claustrophobic, I couldn't stay inside it for long.


Ghosts. Those have to be ghosts behind us. No other explanation.


Absolutely one of the greatest things was being able to see the hospital. Hospitals are the scenes of torture and pain and death, which adds up to a truly creepy, eerie feeling. When the hottie park ranger Eric "accidentally" banged his flashlight against the wall, I jumped and almost hit him.





Some quick video. Opening the doors at Alcatraz.


Closing the doors. That park ranger was a trip - he really got off on the power. It would have been hot if he wasn't so dorky.


And finally, my Artistic Shot of the Day.

4 comments:

Karen said...

Wow that's awesome! I can't even imagine how much more fun it was in person. That is rust in that one photo of you in the cell and not ancient blood, right? Very creepy!!!!

Anne said...

That's SO FLIPPIN' COOL!!! Do they always have one section empty? Or was that an old part?

Unknown said...

I am really creeped out! No way I would have slept that night without Nyquil or alcohol..how did you do?

KM said...

I was just watching these when a huge thunder clap scared the shi* out of me!! Creepy stuff...