23 July 2009

Muir Woods and the Napa Valley

Muir Woods was gorgeous. It must be nice to have this lovely oasis right outside of San Francisco. It's hard to capture how tall the redwoods are - but if you look closely you can see Mike and me at the base of some of these photos!






After that we went to Wine Country. Honestly, I'm glad we just did 2 days in Napa Valley. There's only so much wine tasting I can take. A lot of the wineries look the same and I don't even really like "good" wine. Luckily, we found some great Gewürztraminer and Riesling. And we were sure to visit the cool-looking wineries.

This rich dude has it right. Why live in Italy when you can build your own medieval castle in America? That way you can still enjoy Cheez Whiz and Hollywood films whilst having your own torture chamber. He imported all of the bricks, and lots of the furniture and decor inside is authentic. Plus they make good wine. It's INSANE.




And finally, my Artistic Shots of the Day.


2 comments:

Karen said...

Those are some big honkin' trees!! You are taking some amazing photos with your amazing camera!! Frame them!

Anne said...

Those pictures are STUNNING!! And that castle is amazing. I've always said that the only thing holding me back from moving into a medieval European castle with a torture chamber was the lack of Cheez Whiz.