24 July 2009

The Soup: So Meaty!

The Soup Gods were with me on Thursday. Our flight was delayed by 40 minutes. We had to run to Comic-Con to get our passes and then drive to Los Angeles. There was traffic. I wasn't hopeful that it would work out. But we got to the studio about half an hour after we were told to... and yet they hadn't started yet. BRILLIANT!



It was so fun watching a taping. First off, Joel McHale is of course hysterical and kept the audience going during breaks with his stand-up and just generally being funny. It took about an hour for them to tape and they did it in the order you see on TV. The audience is of course encouraged to oooo and ahhhh and laugh - and I got in a nice groan after "So Meaty!" which was basically a dream come true.

Joel was ultra-caffeinated. He sucked down 2 4-shot iced Starbucks while we were there. The audience was probably about 30 people, and he shook everyone's hands and took pictures after. He also likes to give the finger a lot; who knew?

When we took this picture he had just asked if Mike was my boyfriend. When we said he was my husband, he wrapped his arms around me and squeezed me. So that's why I was laughing.



Then I got to meet The Man, The Myth, The Legend, Tom McNamara. As much as I love Joel - and I do - I've been watching Tom since the Greg Kinnear days of Talk Soup. Only like one other person took a picture with him; these people don't know what they're missing. He was really nice and this picture is just quintessential Tom to me. I love it so.

4 comments:

Kim said...

Joel is SO MEATY!!

Anne said...

Holy hell, I have never wanted to be you as much as I do right now!! Joel hugged you!!!!!!! I am squeeing out of control right now and I wasn't even there, lol.

Karen said...

So fun!! You are famous!

Unknown said...

I love it!!! Where was Lou???