30 July 2009

Comic-Con: Freaks and Geeks

I think I'm done going through photos from Comic-Con. Figured I'd share a little gallery of the geeky highlights.

The day always starts nice and early. With laptops and breakfast on the ground. We met some really interesting people in lines this year - from a 50-year-old lunatic dude, to the chick with 5 o'clock shadow who had been coming to Comic-Con since 1975, to the 6-year-old I watched play video games for an hour.


Alright, let's see what we've got. Snake Eyes from G.I. Joe (along with some loser wannabe).


Bumblebee.


Furries.


Rorschach from Watchmen is a Comic-Con staple now.


I loved this dude. He acted out an Alien attack quite nicely.


"A" for effort on the Ghost Rider costume.


I loved these Robot Chicken/Star Wars costumes.


Batman and Batman-related freaks are everywhere. They even ask questions.



But I'd say the Joker is the most popular outfit - girls, boys, everyone wants to be Heath Ledger. This one was the best because he brought his own sidekick.


And now some Star Wars people for my nephew.



(Storm Troopers like cuddly things too.)

These were my favorite people, and they were everywhere on Sunday. "Twilight ruined Comic-Con" - because god forbid girls with cooties show up to the boys club! But meanwhile, I agree with them... and I'm glad we weren't there for the Twilight panel this year. My eardrums are still shattered from last year.



OK, this dude is awesome. He's been there every year I've been there - and he's always asking hysterical questions. And he's always dressed like this - I sure hope he brings spare outfits. I think he's supposed to be like Johnny Depp in Fear and Loathing. I love this guy.


The Biggest Nerds of All? The Simpsons writers. Seriously, the people asking questions of them were way cooler.


And finally The Biggest Freak of All - trying out the new PSP Go.

5 comments:

Anne said...

Is that Bumblebee an actual person wearing a costume or just a statue? Cause that would be an IMPRESSIVE costume.

And dude, who is that loser at the end? I mean, you expect to see some geeks at Comic Con, but that's pushing it... Man, wouldn't you hate to be there with him? I bet people were pointing and staring...

(You know I'm kidding, hi Mike! :) Jeez, I can be so mean sometimes!)

Juju said...

It's a person in that Bumblebee costume, dude! And I'm pretty sure it was homemade, cuz I'm not sure where you buy something like that.

LOL, mean-ness always appreciated here. :)

Karen said...

what an eclectic group of people! Nice pictures- made me feel like i really understood what Comic-Con was about. Is that good or bad? And O loved the Star Wars pics...thank you!

Kim said...

That last guy really creeps me out.

KM said...

A friend of mine juts told me about being at a hotel pool near Comic Con - there was a Wonderwoman who sat next to the pool all day! these people are freaks!