25 July 2009

Comic-Con: Friday Part 2

Disney/Pixar panel. Lots of 3-D here, and for the first time they actually showed things in 3-D at Comic-Con. They're going to release Toy Story and Toy Story 2 in 3-D for 2 weeks in October. Then Toy Story 3 in June. Andy's going off to college! They are also re-releasing Beauty and the Beast in 3-D for Valentine's Day. It was cool seeing those clips - I used to be obsessed with that movie.

Sherlock Holmes starring Robert Downey, Jr. and Rachel McAdams (Girl Crush #2 of the Day). [Jude Law is in it too, but thankfully they spared me his dumb ass.] RDJ is the King of Comic-Con now. He just is. And he's funny and cocky and awesome and loves it. I'm all in for this movie. Guy Ritchie + RDJ = great humor. It's funny, it's got action, it just looks great.



9. This is a super cool-looking, quirky little animated movie produced by Tim Burton and starring Elijah Wood and Jennifer Connelly (Girl Crush #3 of the Day). It's post-apocalyptic again - but this time with these stitched up burlap sack characters who were given life. Much like other Tim Burton animated films, this just has a really cool vibe and I think it'll be a good adult (PG-13) animated film.



District 9. Now this was my S right here. I've been looking forward to this movie for a while. But here's the thing - I evidently had no idea what it's really about. I mean, I thought I had it figured out, but we saw 7 minutes of footage and they showed so much more! I'm not going to give anything away - you'll have to see it. I can't wait for more!! The main plot looks amazing. Mindblowing, honestly.

Peter Jackson produced District 9 and showed up to Comic-Con for the first time ever! Grown men were squeeing. There were too many erections to count. And I was shocked by how skinny he is!! The only other bit of news he gave was that they're still working on the script for The Hobbit, so there hasn't been any casting yet. And it looks like it'll be 2 movies.


Well, that's it for Comic-Con for Friday. I'm beat. I need to get some sleep before getting up at 6 AM to do this all over again.

1 comment:

Anne said...

9 is another one that I'm really excited for, and I guess I'll go see the Disney movies in 3D, but I really wish they had done some of my favorites (Sleeping Beauty and Alice in Wonderland, namely).

All I've seen of District 9 is the trailer and it really didn't sell me. Maybe I'll have to take your word for it and see it anyway.