22 April 2010

Fringe

Freak of the Week: RUSH! They start the episode playing "Tom Sawyer" by Rush and I am the happiest fangirl alive. I was air drumming and everything, until the teenager goes to investigate a noise and these blobby things appear in a warehouse. Like, blobby bits of skin and stuff. *puke* Those blobby bits take the form of a person...ish and use that Alternate Universe Shapeshifting Device to take the form of the teenager and his girlfriend.

The Team shows up to investigate and finds a large blobby thing - it's like a half-developed shapeshifter that didn't transport correctly. Back at the lab, Walter "jumpstarts" the blobby thing and it fully develops. THE HORROR! OMG this is the sickest thing I've ever seen on this show, and that's saying a lot. It starts talking and I want to vomit. It's like a mummy wrapped in amniotic fluid with little nubs for legs. It's all kinds of wrong. Before it dies, the thing gives the team a name - it's the name of the man whose body it was going to take.

The teenaged shapeshifter soldiers go to see Newton and get their orders to take over some other bodies. They work to set up a device that will transport something between the universes. The team gets there as the device is activated and starts to set up their own device to counteract it. A bridge starts to appear, with a person walking on it. Peter's almost sucked into the other universe, but gets the device up and running in time and the bridge disappears.

This is the point at which my brilliant husband guesses that the man trying to coming through is the Other Walter. I like that theory. But before I can get excited about that possible revelation, Peter totally figures out that, since he survived the otherworldy vibration, much like the guy on the other side did, he must be from the other side. He confronts Walter and my heart rips open. And all this after Peter called Walter "Dad" for the first time and he told Olivia that his mother committed suicide. I can't take it. And here I thought this was just going to be a good monster episode!

I guess the guy ended up making it through to our world and, you know, he could totally be Walter.

Walter's Food Thing of the Week: Pecan pie. Peter proposes making one with Walter. Enjoy your pie, Fringe Partiers! He also makes a peanut butter sandwich, so this is a great one - well, unless you're allergic to nuts.

This Week's Code: BRIDGE.

OK, so next week is the film noir/musical episode. And thank GOD because I need a lighthearted break, dammit. This show has been killing me lately.

No comments: