04 April 2010

Movie Reviews: Clash of the Hot Tub Time Machine Titans


Saw a couple movie recently and forgot to post reviews. So quickly:

Clash of the Titans was great, in that it was everything I wanted it to be. It wasn't boring and the special effects weren't bad, and Sam Worthington wore a dress the whole time.

I remember watching the original at the drive-in, and being scared to death of the witches. They're still gross! For me the Pegasus is key, and this Pegasus looked good. I want one!

This is probably why movies are meant to be re-made -- the original effects are so bad now that they're distracting. So why not make a new version that's more realistic? I liked it. Am I going to own it on Blu-Ray? No. But was it a good way to spend an afternoon? Hell yes. There are also some good actors in it - besides Liam Neeson and Ralph Fiennes, there's also the dude with the bleeding eye from that one James Bond movie and the little fat kid from About a Boy - all grown up.



Hot Tub Time Machine was much the same - everything I expected. It was vulgar, funny, and classic 80s. From the soundtrack to the outfits, what's not to love about the 80s? A good time was had by all.

No comments: