17 April 2010

Kick-Ass Was


Mike has this thing for Roger Ebert. He says that Roger Ebert is always right about movies. Well, he doesn't think that any longer. Cuz Kick-Ass was good and Ebert hated it. Take that, Mike! Your boyfriend isn't infallible!

Anyway, I loved Kick-Ass. Because of course I'm going to love a movie where an 11-year-old girl says the C word and fights grown men. But to me it wasn't all about the violence - and honestly, maybe I'm desensitized or something, because the violence didn't seem so out of hand to me. The Hit Girl/Big Daddy storyline is actually kind of sad when you think about it - this man has essentially brainwashed his daughter into being a superhero and killing people. But for the most part, the movie is fun and the action is amazing. Definitely a good time.

No comments: