02 January 2012

Baloney & Cereal Twenty-Eleven Sillies: Movies

I haven't seen The Descendants yet - and I really want to - but I'm suddenly sick and in a bad mood, so I'm not going to force myself to see it now. Let's just assume it's on my list of favorite films of 2011. Let's also assume you couldn't pay me to watch War Horse or Hugo. Because you couldn't. Anyway, here's my shoddy list for Favorite Films of 2011 (see, aforementioned illness):

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo - The more I think about it, the more I love it. And the less dark I find it. Seriously, I loved this twisted movie.

Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol - Jeremy Renner and Simon Pegg and cool stunts. Most Re-watchable Film of the Year.

50/50 - Comedy of the year. Cancer film of the year.

Crazy, Stupid, Love. - I just watched this yesterday, and for a romantic dramedy -- not exactly my favorite genre -- I loved it. My crush on Emma Stone doesn't hurt. For the record, I choose her over Ryan Gosling, but it's close. It's a really lovely multigenerational story of love and soulmates. And I still liked it.  Go figure.

Drive - It's the Year of Ryan Gosling. Super cool, ultra violent. Now that's my kind of flick!

Attack the Block - Best British film, best alien film.

Young Adult - Charlize Theron: my immature bitch hero.

Super 8 - Second Most Re-watchable Film of the Year.

No comments: