12 March 2007

24: Dicks R Us

Between Vice President Powers Boothe and Ricky Schroder, this show just got 100% more douchebaggy. I like Ricky, but he is one Magnificent A-Hole.

That was a bit of a roundabout way to get Martha back in the action -- get her to convince the Russian President's wife so she can convince the Russian President? Martha's really the best person to do that?

But bringing back Martha meant it was The Logans Show again. We're watching and Mike goes, "She's gonna kill him." I said, "No, she's not that crazy." Then STAB! Yep, she's that crazy. Did they really just kill off Charles Logan? That's such BS. Keep killing off all the good bearded characters!!!

I'm sorry to say I don't like this new Casual Aaron. Don't get me wrong, I love me some Aaron, but I like suited Secret Service Aaron. This Aaron gives me a creepy vibe - and he wear his pants up to his nipples, which is never attractive.

Despite the apparent death of President Logan (another assassination?!), I finally felt like the show was getting its groove back with the return of the Jack Bauer who takes a dead guy's belt and uses it to wrangle a gun from another dude and then kills that dude and is on the run from 18 guys. And Ricky kicks it JB-style -- leading an attack on the consulate without Kevlar and a helmet. That pussy stuff is for the rest of the team.

Next week: a CTU leak is giving information to the Russians. AGAIN?! Plug the damn leaks, CTU!

1 comment:

Karen said...

What do you want them to do when they've done everything in 6 seasons? Poor Logan, I just can't stand how they keep killing everyone. But the "crazy woman" stab was pretty sweet. Martha being the one to successfully sway the Russian President and wife in 3 minutes was a bit weak. And Aaron just looks like the motivational speaker that he is in real life! We're happy Ricky is a bit crazy. The same kind of crazy as Jack!
We're happy that CTU will be getting some action next week with a decent plot, even if it's been done before. At least it's not some wussy story about a recovering boozer. A spy, that's what I like! It's gonna be the arab chick. Karen is gonna kick some butt. The bomb is ready to go off... We like it just fine.