11 March 2007

America Finally Does Something Right


The ancient battle of Thermopylae was the stuff of 2007's first certified blockbuster as the bloody action tale 300 debuted with $70 million over opening weekend, according to studio estimates Sunday. If the estimate holds when final numbers are released Monday, 300 would break the record for best March debut ever, topping the $68 million haul for Ice Age: The Meltdown last year.

This was one bloody good movie. Men screaming and fighting, stunning visuals, and no fewer than 3 beheadings. Easy to take when it's so hyper-stylized. It was AWESOME and I'm glad it's a hit!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi there my name is Adam and I own a prison break blog which can be found at http://prisonbreaklistings.blogspot.com/ and I was wondering if you might be interested in a link exchange with me.

I am just about to add your link to my blog, let me know if you are willing to link back to me and if I may kindly ask that you use the anchor text "prison break listings" (without the quotes).

Thank You and I look forward to your response.