27 March 2007

American Idol: Sanjaya Never Disappoints

What. Was with. Sanjaya's hair? He "sang" one of my favorite No Doubt songs ("Bathwater"). Gwen Stefani was all, "It's gonna be hard for him, good luck to him." He forgot the words. He was beyond pitchy. And OHMYGODTHEHAIR!!! He's such a hot mess! Is he doing this as a goof at this point?

Of course the excellent ones were LaKisha, Gina (despite looking like a dead hooker), Melinda, and Jordin. I liked Jordin's choice of "Hey Baby" - she made it younger and fun.

Thank God Blake didn't beatbox. There is no beatboxing in The Cure. I can appreciate that Chris R. was trying to make "Don't Speak" R&B, but it was pitchy in parts and he forgot some words.

As for my The Police performers, Chubby Chris really did have a big problem keeping the tempo (Gwen was right) and I didn't like the echo on the mic. Phil is the bald(er) Sting. Again with the echo. He was good, but still looks like he'd eat my soul.

Haley wasn't bad. That's about all I can say about her.

Go home: I think this is the point of no return for Sanjaya. Please, America. Look at this picture. How can you not send him home?

No comments: