10 March 2007

American Idol

I heard the results this week before I watched the show - it's a pretty hard thing to avoid, plus at this stage I didn't care enough to operate under a total Media Blackout.

I was able to watch the boys perform during my last free night in Orlando. They stunk as a whole. The only thing I remember is being really jealous of Sunjaya's straightened, highlighted hair. Jared was a hottie but bland and I couldn't stand Sundance, so whatevs on them being kicked out.

The worst performance during the girls' night was Ryan Seacrest's turtleneck. And Antonella. Thank God she's finally gone. I can't stand how she just stands there and is horrific while other girls sing with such passion. Like LaKisha and Melinda, who were awesome. But Melinda has that Old Skillet Face factor I can't get past.

I definitely don't think Sabrina should have been kicked out. I agree with Simon that she comes across as a hotel singer, but her voice is still really good, and way better than Haley's. Simon was right with her too - I had no idea she was still in the competition. I thought she was voted out last week. I guess America wants more than one white girl in the Top 12. I give her one week.

No comments: